- Candey Parker Legal Services Limited (Candey Parker) is a company incorporated in England and Wales under the Companies Act 2006 with registered number 07888807.
- Candey Parker is a body corporate limited by shares. We sometimes retain the traditional title of “partner” to describe directors of Candey Parker and “firm” to describe the structure of the practice. There is however no partnership between the directors or employees or between the directors or the employees and Candey Parker and hence the practice is not a partnership firm. A reference in these terms or elsewhere (whether in writing or orally) to a person being a “partner” is a reference to that person in their capacity as a director of Candey Parker. A reference in these terms or elsewhere (whether in writing or orally) to the practice being a “firm” is a reference to company i.e. Candey Parker.
- The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. The Law Society is also a designated professional body for the purpose of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory arm of The Law Society. The Legal Ombudsman is an independent body set up to adjudicate upon complaints which cannot be resolved within a firm’s complaints handling procedure.
- Candey Parker is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The SRA Handbook (which contains the rules of professional conduct which apply to solicitors including the SRA Code of Conduct and SRA Accounts Rules) can be viewed on the website of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk).
- The provision of our legal services may involve regulated activities relating to investments within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We are not authorised by the Financial Services Authority, but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients if they are an incidental part of the legal services we are engaged to provide because we are a regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Personal data submitted on this website will be used: for the purpose specified in the relevant part of the website; to enable us to supply you with information or assistance that you request; to enable us to provide you with information about us, our services and our events; and for any other purpose for which you give your consent. If at any time you wish to have your name removed from our database, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The United Kingdom’s anti-money laundering legislation and related regulations issued by The Law Society and Solicitors Regulation Authority require us to take steps to verify and document: (1) the identity and address of all clients of the firm (including the beneficial owner or effective controller of a company or trust); and (2) the source of monies paid to the firm. Sometimes we are able to verify and document the identity of a client through electronic data sources. If this is not possible, we will ask the client to provide us with the identification documents we are required to obtain. From time to time, or if their circumstances change, we may ask a client to provide up to date evidence of identity. If we are unable to obtain satisfactory evidence of identity, we will not be able to act or continue acting. We cannot accept funds from any source unless the source has previously been identified to our satisfaction. If payment is made in breach of this provision, normally the funds will be frozen until their source and provenance has been established.
- The legislation governing money laundering and the financing of terrorism has placed professional advisers (including lawyers) under a legal duty in certain circumstances to disclose information to the Serious Organised Crime Agency. Where a lawyer knows or suspects that a transaction involves money laundering or the financing of terrorists, he or she may be required to report their knowledge or suspicion to SOCA. If this happens, we will not be able to inform you that a disclosure has been made or of the reason for it, for legal reasons. We accept no liability for any loss, damage, costs or expenses that you might incur by reason of such disclosure.
- We operate policies and procedures which comply with the United Kingdom’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws. They apply to all members of the firm and to anyone working on behalf of the firm. Anyone who provides services to the firm is expected to have similar policies and procedures in place.
- The firm’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies prohibit, either directly or via a third party, the offering, promising or giving of anything of value for an improper purpose or to gain a business advantage.
- Cyber crime is on the increase. You should be alive to the possibility that a criminal might deliberately misrepresent himself or herself as a member of, or as someone acting on behalf of or working with, Candey Parker, in order to carry out a fraud. Such scams normally originate by email. Often it will either promise the recipient a share of a large sum of money in return for paying a modest sum up front or request information about the recipient’s bank account in order that money can be paid to them. Sometimes the email will direct the recipient to a false website that intentionally replicates the look of a legitimate website.
- If you receive an email purporting to come from Candey Parker, or if you are directed to a website that purports to be Candey Parker’s website, and you have any doubts at all about the provenance of the email or website, please either email email@example.com or contact us by telephone before you take any action and we will tell you whether the email came from us or whether it is our website.
- Regulatory information
Candey Parker maintains professional indemnity insurance as required by the SRA Indemnity Rules. The insurance covers the professional services provided by the firm worldwide. The insurer is Balva Insurance Company AAS with appointed representative contactable at Apro Management Limited Third Floor, Dukes House, 32/38 Dukes Place, London EC3A 7LP.Privacy and data protection
When you access this website, your computer’s browser provides us with electronic information such as your IP address, browser type and access time. This information is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of the website. We use this information to help us improve the website and the services we offer.
- Any personal data collected during your use of this website will be processed in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection laws and for one or more of the purposes described in paragraph 4.3 below.
- Candey Parker tries always to conduct its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to the highest ethical standards. It will never knowingly commit, or advise or assist a client or someone acting on behalf of a client to commit, an illegal act, including bribery or another form of corruption.
This Legal Notice and all issues relating to this website and its content are governed by English law. Unless Candey Parker elects otherwise, any dispute relating to this Legal Notice or to this website or its content shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
4-8 Ludgate Circus,
London EC4M 7LF,
tel: 0044 (0)20 7936 3919
fax:0044 (0)20 7936 1931
Click to reach